If you’re a student or a busy parent looking for a smart way to fix a quick breakfast, there are many ideas you can consider. One of those is fixing a quick two minutes microwave omelette. Of course, there are many breakfast options you can consider besides omelettes such as idli and oatmeal. However, what makes omelettes the best is due to the immense health benefits they offer to your body. So, if you’re planning to consider this route, then it would be essential if you learned the various microwave omelette maker instructions.
Now, the reason why an omelette maker is a smarter choice when fixing omelettes for your kids is how it turns the water molecules from your omelettes into steam. This allows your omelettes to cook evenly and gently without getting too crunchy. With that said, this short guide will discuss how to cook an omelette using a microwave omelette pan as well as discuss some key benefits of eating an egg omelette for breakfast.
What Are Some Health Benefits of Eating Omelettes?
Before we get to our main topic of how to cook an omelette with a microwave omelette pan, we would like to start off by highlighting some key benefits of eating an omelette for breakfast. Now, according to most health experts, reducing the consumption of grains, starch and carbs can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Since starch and carbs can easily spike your insulin levels, choosing a protein-rich breakfast such as an omelette can really help to improve your health in the long run. So, if you feel like you’re the one we’re talking to, here are just a few reasons why you need to take an omelette each day.
- A Good Source of Protein: For those people that eat a lot of carb-rich grain-based meals, adding a protein-rich meal is really essential. This is especially so for bodybuilders who need a lot of proteins for body development. For the case of athletes, eating omelettes can help to boost the body with extra energy keeping in mind that a 100g of plain omelette contains about 155 calories.
- Keeps You Full: Consuming carb-meals for breakfast only makes you full for a few hours tempting you to eat frequently throughout the end. But, eating protein-rich foods such as an omelette will make you feel full for longer preventing you from adding too much weight.
- Rich in Vitamins: Yes! You heard me well. Omelettes are a rich source of vitamins such as Vitamin A, B, D, E, and K. It’s also a rich source of calcium making it a superb solution for maintaining strong bones. For those people that are strictly vegetarians, omelettes are a rich source of nutrients. That’s because many vegetables can be added into the omelette in the form of fillings.
- Brain Development: Omelettes are a rich source of minerals such as zinc, phosphorus, and chlorine. Chlorine on its side helps in proper brain development especially in kids while zinc helps in boosting immunity. Potassium helps to maintain the health of the nervous system while phosphorus is known for getting rid of bad bacteria and viruses from the body.
So, How Do You Cook an Omelette With a Microwave Omelette Pan?
Now that we’ve mentioned some health benefits of eating an omelette a day, we will now get to our main topic which is cooking an egg omelette using a microwave omelette pan. Now, when cooking your omelette, it’s likely you’ll get across a variety of omelette pan designs. The best thing is that they operate pretty much the same way so you don’t have to worry about anything.
So, to commence the cooking procedure, you’ll start by preparing the ingredients.
You Will Need:
- 2 – 4 eggs
- ½ cup of water
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Your desired filling toppings (shredded Italian cheese blend, cooked asparagus pieces, sautéed mushrooms, diced onions, salsa, bacon, and cooked sausages).
Start off by preparing your ingredients. Here, you will have to beat about 3 eggs in a bowl then add some water or milk depending on your choice. Season the mixture with salt and pepper then whisk them thoroughly until they’re well combined.
When you’re done whisking the eggs, put the bowl aside, and prepare your favorite filling ingredients. This can range from a tablespoon of diced onions, asparagus pieces, sautéed mushrooms to green pepper and cheese.
Now pick your omelette maker (the clamshell-style omelette maker) and spray a non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the omelette pan with medium heat to make it partially hot.
So, once everything is set, proceed to pour your egg mixture on each half of your clamshell-style omelette maker. When you’re done, place the open omelette pan inside the microwave and cook on “HIGH” power for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
In this first stage, the omelette should only be partially cooked. Remove the omelette pan from the microwave to add your favorite fillings which you had prepared earlier. Add them on both halves (of the omelette maker) equally to make the cooking time on both halves consistent.
With the lid still open, cook the omelette for another 1 minute until the egg is set.
Next, remove the omelette maker from the microwave and fold it by half. Place it back inside the microwave to cook for another 30 seconds for all the cheese to melt.
Once the time is up, remove the omelette maker from the microwave and flip the cooked omelette onto a plate to serve immediately.
As you can see, cooking an omelette is an easy endeavor provided you have the right tools and tips. One of these is an omelette maker while the other is a microwave. The best thing about microwaves is that they use little power not forgetting they’re environmentally safe, fast, efficient, and easy to clean. Lastly, when cooking an omelette, try to invent a creative combo of fillings to use during the cooking process.