Everyone loves delicious cookies. They’re not just for kids these days. Anyone regardless of how old they are likes to indulge in delightful cookies in different flavors and varieties. In this article, we take a look at the various gadgets that help you make different cookie designs and we’ll help you choose the best cookie press to create attractive shapes.
A cookie press is a perfect appliance to help you if you’re tired of making plain round-shaped cookies because it will add lots of fun to your normal baking routine. So if you’ve decided that a cookie press is just what you require, read on to learn everything you need to know about how to choose the right one for your needs.
10 Best Cookie Press: At A Glance
We’ve even included a list of the best options on the market right now to help make things easier for you. So let’s get right to it!
- Top 10 Best Cookie Press Review:
- 1. Marcato Cookie Press
- 2. Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press
- 3. Wilton Cookie Press
- 4. OXO Cookie Press
- 5. Cuisinart Electric Cookie Press
- 6. Fantes Cookie Press
- 7. Wilton Cookie Press
- 8. Nostalgia Electric Cookie Press
- 9. CucinaPro Cookie Press
- 10. Saken Cookie Press
- 11. Stainless-steel Cookie Press
- 12. Super Shooter Cookie Press
- 13. Cuisinart Electronic Cookie Press
- 14. Kitchen Aid Cookie Press
- 15. Pampered Chef Cookie Press
- 16. Wilton Cookie Press
- 17. Marcato 8300 Atlas Classic Cookie Press
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Cookie Press
- Types of Cookie Presses
- How To Use A Cookie Press
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Cookie Press
- Q-1: How Much Should I Expect to Spend on My Cookie Press?
- Q-2: Which Cookie Press Is Best for Making Lots of Cookies at Once?
- Q-3: Which Is the Best Cookie Press for Kids to Use?
- Q-4: Why Do My Cookies Stick to the Bottom of the Cookie Press?
- Q-5: Can I Use Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Etc. to My Cookie Dough?
Top 10 Best Cookie Press Review:
1. Marcato Cookie Press
This deluxe Atlas biscuit maker is first on our list for many reasons. It makes baking cookies a lot more fun and much easier for everyone. Simply choose the shape you desire, feel the canister with dough, press the handle, and presto – perfectly shaped cookies every time!
With this cookie maker machine, you’ll be able to produce beautiful, fresh-baked, tasty and authentic homemade cookies anytime you wish with each press of the handle.
Making unique shaped cookies has never been easier. You no longer need to cut or do with messy, sticky dough. All you have to do is load your cookie dough into the canister, and you’ll be able to produce tons of different creative shapes in a process that is a lot neater than using a cookie cutter.
This device disassembles quickly and easily, making cleaning a breeze. Made from steel, anodized aluminum, and ABS, you’ll be able to hand wash the components in soapy water and dry them easily. This machine also comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty for your peace of mind.
- Versatile biscuit maker and cookie press
- Includes 20 traditional Italian cookie shapes
- Easy to adjust cookie sizes
- Produces consistent-looking cookies
- Disassembles quickly for easy cleaning
2. Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press
Tired of making round cookies? Then this is the device for you. This cookie press will let you make dozens of pinwheels, hearts, squares, ovals, and many other different shapes for unique cookies in a flash.
It has a stainless steel trigger which allows you to easily use the cookie press with one hand, whether you are left-handed or right-handed. The device comes with 14 interchangeable discs, as well as six pastry nozzles to help you custom decorate your cookies cakes and much more.
You can use this cookie press for piping mashed potatoes on your entrées or filling hors ‘d oeuvres, and much more. It has a see-through barrel which allows you to see how much dough you have left to work with.
The simple design allows the unit to come apart so that cleaning the cookie press after use is easy and quick. It comes with a clear storage box that helps to keep all your cookie press, decorating tips, and discs together, ready for your next use. The kit also includes a wide array of delicious recipes for your convenience.
- Comes with six decorating tips
- Most components are dishwasher-safe
- Includes 14 unique steel discs
- Comes with clear storage box
- Includes best cookie press recipe list
3. Wilton Cookie Press
This cookie press from Wilton, a well-known brand, has a comfort grip that people suffering from arthritis or weak hands will surely appreciate. The ergonomic handle is designed to enhance comfort during use and to reduce fatigue in your hand. It offers an easy squeeze action that releases perfectly shaped cookie dough each and every time.
It also has a clear barrel which helps to take the guesswork out of the refilling process. This will help to make your entire cooking making experience one that is extremely enjoyable and that yields beautiful, unique cookie shapes each time.
The fluted bottom is designed to raise the press off of the cookie sheet in order to help you press better shapes. This cookie press is ideal for making spritz cookies. In fact, it’s one of the best spritz cookie press options that you will find out there.
According to the vast majority of online reviews from happy customers, even someone who’s new at making cookies will find this device extremely easy to use. It also helps that it comes with a wide variety of delicious cookie recipes so you can get started using it right away.
- Designed to be extremely easy to use
- Clear plastic canister to view contents inside
- Comes with 12 plastic discs
- Hand wash and wipe dry
- Small compact size that kids can use
4. OXO Cookie Press
This cookie press from OXO brand will allow you to make fun, consistent batches of cookies quickly and easily. It has a large contoured lever which provides an easy grip, and the cookie press non-slip base helps to keep it steady as you are dispensing the dough.
It has a clear cylindrical barrel which shows you exactly how much dough you have left to press so you don’t have to guess as to when you need to refill the cylinder. It also provides extremely easy loading thanks to its simple design.
In addition to all that, this device disassembles easily for quick cleaning. It comes with 12 stainless still disc patterns that will allow you to create unique cookies for any occasion. With this press, you will get years and years of faithful cookie service.
According to a lot of cookie press reviews online, it’s definitely one of the best brands that you’ll find anywhere. It comes with a convenient storage case which holds all your stainless steel discs so they are on hand any time you need them.
- Simple, easy to use design
- Non-slip base to keep cookie press steady during use
- Ergonomic lever for comfortable repetitive use
- 12 disc designs for every occasion and holiday
- Comes apart easily for quick filling and cleaning
5. Cuisinart Electric Cookie Press
Cuisine art is known for its high-quality home products, and this electric cookie press is no different. You’ll be able to make a lot more cookies in a lot less time with this easy to use gadget which turns out professional-looking cookies in a flash.
It comes with 12 discs for you to choose from, and these include special seasonal patterns so you’re always ready to make unique delicious treats no matter what time of the year it is. The kit also comes with eight designer pastry tips to help you decorate your cake and desserts. You’ll be able to fill pasta shells, pastries, and deviled eggs in minutes using this handy little contraption.
The automatic one-touch operation of this electric cookie press makes it extremely easy to work with. The ergonomic handle is designed to ensure comfort, especially if you have to make large batches of cookies at one time – it will help you to prevent hand fatigue. If you’re searching for the best electric cookie press, this could very well be exactly what you need.
- Designed for quick and easy use
- Ergonomic handle helps prevent hand fatigue
- Clear quick view tube and dishwasher safe pieces
- Includes 12 stainless steel discs
- Comes with eight decorating tips
6. Fantes Cookie Press
Few things taste better than homemade authentic Italian cookies and this is a great machine to use that will make baking fun and effortless for you. All you have to do is to simply fill it with dough, choose the cookie shape you desire, turn the handle, and you’ll instantly have beautiful, consistent shapes that everyone will love.
You can use this device to extrude cookie dough as well as any other firm type of dough into an astoundingly wide variety of creative shapes. It comes with a sliding plate that features five traditional Italian designs and is perfect for making family sugar cookie recipes, butter cookies, and even cheese straws, as well as various other cookie press recipes.
It’s a lot easier and cleaner to use than cookie cutters, and you’ll have a lot less mess to deal with. No more rolling dough out or creating sticky messes in your baking area. With this cookie press, all you need is to fill it with dough then apply gentle pressure to turn the handle for consistent results. It disassembles quickly and easily so you can hand wash the parts in warm soapy water.
- High-quality metal cookie press
- Easy to load, use, and clean
- Produces creative Italian cookie shapes
- Comes with Fante’s family recipe
- Effortless cookie pressing, great for kids to use
7. Wilton Cookie Press
The Preferred Press Wilton Cookie Press is so much more than a simple Christmas cookie press that you will dig out once a year to make holiday treats for your family. This tool offers you a lot more and it will become an invaluable addition to your kitchen arsenal when making everything from cookies to desserts and more.
You’ll be able to make awesome buttery spritz cookies, as well as pipe out whipped shortbread varieties, savory cheese crackers in exciting fun shapes that are perfect for dipping, and many other treats.
This kit comes with 12 discs that include a snowman, heart, tree, pumpkin, biscuit, and turkey as well as starburst and flower designs. It has a clear barrel which allows you to get a view of whatever you’re working with so that you know when you need to refill. A soft click of the trigger easily releases cookie after cookie, which means that there is less hand fatigue.
- Ideal for making spritz cookies
- The simple design allows you to press and bake easily
- Made from high-quality metal and plastic
- Dishwasher-safe components for easy cleaning
- 12 different press disc designs
8. Nostalgia Electric Cookie Press
If you’ve ever wished that you could make beautiful tasty cookies just like the pros do, this cookie press from Nostalgia is exactly the kind of tool you need to have in your kitchen. It has a simple one-touch operation and an ergonomically designed handle which allows you to make dozens of cookies at once without feeling the fatigue from constant hand motions.
It has a see-through cookie barrel so you can see exactly how much dough you have left over, so you know when it’s time for a refill. It comes with all the necessary accessories included so you can get started right away making unique, consistent cookie designs.
The kit also includes decorating tips which allow you to create impressive designs whether you’re decorating cupcakes, cakes, or other types of bakery items. You’ll be able to create perfectly delicious unique frosting designs that will make you look like a pro in no time.
These tips are also great for filling pasta shells, hard-boiled eggs, and various other types of dishes. With this kit, you also get the best cookie recipe for cookie press use which you will appreciate whether you’re a novice or a professional baker.
- Comes with six stainless steel cookie discs
- See-through cookie barrel for easy view of contents
- Ergonomically-shaped design helps to reduce hand fatigue
- Versatile use can also be used to fill pasta shells and hard-boiled eggs
- Simple one-touch operation makes 30 cookies at a time
9. CucinaPro Cookie Press
If you want an affordable way of making dozens of beautifully shaped cookies in a flash, the CucinaPro manual cookie press could be just what you need. The set comes with 20 discs, all different shapes, that will allow you to make unique cookies for all types of occasions.
You also get four icing nozzles for decorating your cookies, which means that your options for interesting and creative cookies are simply endless.
This model has a polished aluminum body which is crafted from high-quality material using expert craftsmanship. You can be sure that this cookie press will give you satisfying service for a long time to come.
The unit disassembles easily for quick reloading and easy cleanup. If you’re not in the market for an electric cookie press, this manual cookie press could be just what you need.
- Kit includes 20 unique-shaped discs
- Features four different design icing nozzles
- Made from beautifully polished aluminum
- Extremely easy to disassemble when cleaning
- High-quality construction from a well-known brand
10. Saken Cookie Press
For anyone who wants to host a party, but they have difficulty creating unique-shaped cookies, this is the ideal machine for you. There’s no need to labor for hours in the kitchen hand-shaping your dough, rolling it, only to end up with cookies that are unevenly shaped.
With this manual cookie press, you will be able to save time and bake uniquely shaped cookies that everyone will love. Thanks to the cookie-cutter stencil, you can let your creativity go wild when it comes to shaping your cookies.
You can choose from oval, leaf, and flower shapes to hearts, stars, and butterflies, as well as many more classic shapes. The cookie press has a simple design that makes it easy for anyone of any age to use it. This means that your kids will be able to get involved in this activity without creating a huge mess for you to clean up after.
- Made from premium-grade materials for durability and long-lasting use
- Designed with easy grip trigger handle
- Includes 20 stainless steel disc designs
- Comes with four icing tips
- Best cookie press value for money
More Products on Cookie Press
11. Stainless-steel Cookie Press
- Constructed from premium-quality stainless steel for long-lasting use
- Comes with unique, tasty recipes and reusable piping bags
- Multi-functional versatile use can be used for a variety of occasions
- Designed to be easy to use for the whole family
- Comes with a hassle-free refund policy from the manufacturer
12. Super Shooter Cookie Press
- Cordless cookie press also works as a versatile food decorator
- Comes with decorator tips and filler tips
- Kit includes 8 cookie press discs
- Takes 4 AA Batteries that can be purchased separately
- High-quality construction for long-lasting durability
13. Cuisinart Electronic Cookie Press
- Kit includes 8 decorating tips for unique custom-decorated treats
- Comes with 12 cookie press discs for a wide variety of shapes
- Designed to come apart easily for quick loading and cleaning
- Ergonomic cookie press handle makes for comfortable use
- Premium quality product from a well-known brand offers great value for money
14. Kitchen Aid Cookie Press
- Designed with a spring-loaded lever to press out dough easily and evenly
- Comes with a soft sleeve for more control during use
- Durable construction from high-quality stainless steel
- Kit includes 12 cookie shapes that come in a clear storage case for convenience
- Most parts and components are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
15. Pampered Chef Cookie Press
- Kit includes 16 cookie press discs to create a wide variety of designs
- Cookie press comes with an instruction manual in the original box
- Design features a stainless-steel rachet
- Clear-view, large, 2-cup capacity barrel for less frequent refills while baking
- Santoprene trigger offers comfort during use and helps prevent hand fatigue
16. Wilton Cookie Press
- Cordless, battery operated cookie press for convenient use
- Ideal for a wide variety of cookie types, including spritz cookie recipes
- The kit comes with 12 aluminum disc designs
- Includes 4 accent tips designed for adding detail to savory dishes
- Cookie press comes with two bonus recipe books for savory and sweet treats
17. Marcato 8300 Atlas Classic Cookie Press
- Creates a unique variety of shapes
- Crafted from anodized aluminum and steel
- Comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Designed to be easy to use and simple to clean
- Ergonomic handle for reducing hand fatigue
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Cookie Press
Considering that it’s such a small, compact device, there’s quite a lot to consider when choosing the best cookie press for your needs. Listed below are some of the factors that you need to look for in order to ensure that you choose the right model to give you the exact type of cookies you want.
1. Die-cut Discs
Each cookie press comes with die-cut discs that shape the cookies into different designs, such as wreaths, trees, letters, pumpkins, and much more. The more discs you can get in a set, the better because this gives you a lot more opportunity to be creative in your cookie making activities.
The most important thing is to choose discs that have high-quality construction. In order to get a clean cut, the discs should not be too flexible which means that metal discs may be the best option in such a case as they hold up a lot better to the pressure and don’t flex or bend as easily as plastic does.
Some of these cookie cutting devices come with trigger-style compression, which is great for releasing just enough dough for one cookie each time you pull the trigger. This makes it super easy to create consistent shapes as it measures the dough out for you.
But, as the trigger is typically a single finger trigger, this can make it a little difficult for some people to use, such as young ones with small hands or adults with weak hands, and those with arthritis.
3. Compression and Capacity
The compression style is only applicable if you’re choosing a manual cookie press. As for capacity, a lot of the time you spend making cookies using a cookie press goes to reloading the dough into the cylindrical canister. This means that by choosing a larger canister, you will be able to spend less time reloading the press.
This cookie press uses a type of handle that turns when pushing the dough through the machine, which makes it the ideal style for those with arthritis or weak hands as it is easier to use and does not require you to pull the trigger.
A cookie press can be used for a lot more than just making cookies. Try to pick a cookie press that offers additional pastry tips and can be used for filling deviled eggs, frosting cakes, and much more.
6. Cleaning and Maintenance
Choose a cookie press with parts that are easy to clean. Some cookie press parts and components are dishwasher safe while others aren’t. Make sure your cookie press is easy to take apart and clean, and always be sure to dry all the metal parts before putting them away in order to prevent them from rusting. Also, dry all the plastic parts to avoid bacteria on the plastic.
7. Quality of Materials
Cookie press bodies are often made from plastic, and the rest of the components are typically metal. It may be a good idea to look for sturdy, durable, high-quality plastic canisters since these won’t trust, and they give you a visual as to how much dough you have left to press.
One advantage of using presses with plastic pieces is that they are typically less expensive than their metal counterparts. You can get BPA-free plastic which is great for those concerned about their health. Also, depending on which type of plastic is used to make the different parts of the cookie press, it may be dishwasher safe which makes for more ease when cleaning the press.
If you opt for a cookie press that’s entirely made of metal, it may be a bit more expensive, but it will also prove to be a lot more durable over the long-term, provided you take good care of it. With the metal press, you won’t be able to see the dough inside the canister, and this type of press is usually hand-wash only. Always make sure the parts are completely dry after use in order to avoid corrosion.
Types of Cookie Presses
There are two types of cookie presses that you’ll find on the market today: Manual cookie presses, which are very popular with home bakers, and Electrical cookie presses. Let’s take a look at the advantages of each so you know which one is best for you.
With manual cookie presses, you get the following benefits:
- Less expensive than electric cookie presses
- High-quality design, easy to use
- No electrical cords to do with when making cookies
Electric cookie presses have their advantages, too:
- They release the exact same amount of cookie dough each time
- They offer consistent results
- The timed release of cookies allows you to work quickly
As you can see, each type of cookie press has its own advantages. Depending on how you want to make your cookies, you could choose one type over the other. For instance, the timed release of electric cookie presses is a great feature since it allows you to press large numbers of identical cookies quickly and easily.
On the other hand, as a home baker, a manual cookie press may work out better for you since you don’t have to sacrifice quality for price when it comes to these types of presses. They are simple machines that have no electrical components, and this means you don’t have to be dragging an electrical cord all over your baking area
How To Use A Cookie Press
Using a cookie press is a very simple process that gets a lot easier with time and practice. The first step is to combine the dry ingredients that you’ll use for your cookie dough. As with most other recipes for cookies, it’s always best to combine the dry ingredients first in a large bowl then mixed with a wire whisk. You could also use a sifter for combining the ingredients.
Your next step is to cream the butter and sugar. Whether you’re using margarine, butter, or shortening, different kinds of sugars, mix these until completely combined. The third step is to add your eggs and vanilla, according to your recipe. After you’ve added the eggs one at a time and combined the vanilla completely into your mix, you can now add food coloring, if you’re making colored butter cookies.
Now gradually add your dry ingredients into this mix until your dough is properly formed. Although it’s not absolutely necessary, you can refrigerate the dough for a few minutes to make it easier to work with. During that time, you can be preheating your cookie sheets.
When you’re ready to press, simply roll the dough into logs as this provides the easiest way to put the dough into your cookie press. Alternatively, you can spoon the mixture into the canister.
With the dough inside the cookie press, you can now choose the disk you want for your cookie design, and then follow the instructions from the manufacturer as to how to proceed depending on whether you chose an electric or manual cookie press.
For those cookie presses with a trigger, all you have to do is pull the trigger each time you press a cookie. For the types of cookie presses with manual turns, all you have to do is turn the handle once to press a cookie. As for the electrical types of cookie presses, these do everything automatically which means less work for you.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Cookie Press
Q-1: How Much Should I Expect to Spend on My Cookie Press?
- As with most other devices on the market, cookie presses range from one end of the spectrum to the other. You’ll be able to find the least expensive ones for the price of about $20 or less. These will most likely be manual cookie presses that are made from a combination of plastic and metal. They may come with various pastry discs which are also typically made from plastic.
- In the midrange, you may spend $25-$50 for manual cookie press made from stainless steel, plastic, or metal. These usually come with up to 25 metal discs, several pastry tips, and even storage cases. The premium cookie presses may cost anywhere from $100 and up, and these include electric cookie presses with completes decorating kits, metal discs, pastry tips, and various other decorating tools.
Q-2: Which Cookie Press Is Best for Making Lots of Cookies at Once?
- If you want to make a lot of cookies at one time, such as for our bake sale or community event, the type of cookie press that would probably work best for you would be an electric cookie press. These are great for anyone who wants to mass-produce cookies as they will help you to work quickly and save you from experiencing fatigue in your hands and forearms from pressing cookies.
- With an electric cookie press, you’ll get the most uniform cookies possible so you have a professional look. You’ll find the ideal cookie press Target, Walmart, and online stores like Amazon offer at incredible prices.
Q-3: Which Is the Best Cookie Press for Kids to Use?
- Baking with young children is always a fun experience and many people search for great cookie presses that young children can use during their baking activities. The main thing you should consider in such a case is the size.
- Little hands can get fatigued very quickly particularly if the press is too big. So choose a device that will fit comfortably in the child’s hand and doesn’t require them to pull the trigger for releasing the cookies.
Q-4: Why Do My Cookies Stick to the Bottom of the Cookie Press?
- This happens when the dough is too soft. In such a case, simply add sifted flour a teaspoon at a time and makes until the dough has achieved the proper consistency. This also happens sometimes when the dough is too warm.
- A great way to combat this problem is by placing your dough in the refrigerator for about five minutes in order to help bring it back to room temperature and keep it at the proper consistency.
Q-5: Can I Use Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Etc. to My Cookie Dough?
- It’s not recommended that you add chocolate chips, raisins, or any other large solids or decorative items to your cookie dough. This is because large ingredients might not easily pass through the design openings in your discs.
- Do your best not to use recipes that require add-ins that can get caught in the press. However, it’s easy to add these things on top of your cookies after they’ve been pressed, as a sort of decoration instead.
If you’ve never used a cookie press before, your cookie baking activities are about to take a turn for the better. You’ll now be able to make enjoyable snacks that are not only delicious but also come in fun, consistent designs that children and adults of all ages will love.
Use this review and buying guide article as your resource to help you choose the best cookie press for your needs from the many well-known brands available, and you never again have to make boring old round cookies.